martes, 30 de septiembre de 2014

Peter Michael entrevistado por Rollertraining/Peter Michael interviewed by Rollertraining

In this article we share the interview with the New Zealand skater, Peter Michael , before his participation in the World Championship in Rosario in few weeks.



NAME… Peter Michael
AGE… 25
TEAM… Kapiti, New Zealand; Cardano Inline; Xtech International
COACH…. Maurizio Lollobrigida
DOING SPEED SKATING SINCE…. 1996
BEST RESULTS… 5 Times Senior World Champion 2 World Records Broken 4 Times Junior World Champion


Hi Peter, thanks to collaborate with Rollertraing; we would like to know more about you…please tell us how did you start in this sport? 

Hello, Firstly it is an honour, Thank you.
I first started skating at the age of 7 when I wanted to play inline hockey. My mum got the days confused and I attended the training for inline speed skating, of the hour lesson I had spent 45mins without touching a hockey stick and questioned the coach at the time and he told me was inline speed skating. I was shocked but having so much fun I thought i better keep trying it.

How was the season? Did you have good results? In which championships did you participate?

The season has been a long one for me this year racing alot more than the year before but has been very good for my training for the world championships. I competed in NZ for the Nationals and then headed to Europe where I have raced in Germany, France, and Italy. 

Which is your aim in the next world championship in Rosario? The last year you achieved very important results in WC, so can you tell us who are the favourites this year? Have you seen any skater very strong this year in the different tournaments?

My goal is the same as the years before to always try to achieve the highest place possible, I really love to win. It will be as difficult as ever as the racing has been very fast and alot of skaters have been very strong.

Have you ever tried ice speed skating? Can you tell us more about your experience?. Would you like to be olympic in this sport

Yes i have tried, This year I went to Inzell with My Girlfriend and My Coach Maurizio Lollobrigida to try the Ice Speed Skating, It was a totally new experience and a completely new sport to me but with the support of My Family and Friends everything is possible.
I would love to see Inline Speed Skating go to the Olympics, I attened the Youth Olympic Games this year in a showcase for Inline Speed Skating so is a positive step forward.

In inline skating, which are your favourites races? Elimination/points/1000….?

I enjoy myself during every race but I think I would have to say the 15km Elimination . I have won it the past 3 years at worlds and also last year in the World Games. And have broken the World Record 2 times in the same event.

About training, which are your favourite training session and which one you hate the most?

This year has been a change for Me and My training. I have joined forces with Maurizio Lollobrigida and we have worked together in a whole range of new trainings. I have started to do running, Jumps, Free Weights and Swimming which are all new to me and then also the trainings I have done before the Skating and Cycling. I could not say i hate any of the training as training hard is what I do. Maybe I dislike some training for sure but I enjoy each session in different ways.

Can you explain us how is a regular season for you? How many sessions do you do? Do you ride bike? Do weight training?...

As above the season has changed alot this year but I am feeling alot better and am showing some good form pre-worlds. As for how many sessions a day can be anything from 2 sessions to 4 or 5 session a day.

We are very interested in knowing about High Performance program in New Zeland skating. Do you receive scholarship that afford you to do sport? Can you do both study/train without problem?

The support in NZ is very select so this is a slight problem. I get no support for the World Championship and have to fund myself. I am always looking for new sponsers to help support me on my Inline and Ice Adventures.

Can you tell us more about the inline skating in New Zeland? Is a popular sport there?

The sport is minor in NZ but it is slowly growing in numbers which is always a positive, There are more kids each year I attend the Nationals so I am always happy to see new faces.

What dou you think about inline skating in Spain?

I recently watched the European Championships and spain showed true strength and are becoming such a strong nation. With both fast and strong skaters. I seen this through all the grades also which is a big bonus for the future of skating in Spain

QUICK QUESTIONS
One city… San Benedetto
One drink… Coke
One food.. Pizza
One movie…. Hook
One dream… Olympics

ENTREVISTA CON PETER MICHAEL

En ete artículo compartimos la entrevista con el patinador neozelandés Peter Michael antes de su participación en el Mundial de Rosario dentro de unas semanas.

NOMBRE… Peter Michael
EDAD… 25
EQUIPO… Kapiti, New Zealand; Cardano Inline; Xtech International
ENTRENADOR…. Maurizio Lollobrigida
PRACTICA PATINAJE DESDE…. 1996
MEJORES RESULTADOS… 5 Times Senior World Champion 2 World Records Broken 4 Times Junior World Champion

Hola Peter, gracias por colaborar con Rollertraining: nos gustaría saber algo más de ti, por favor podrías decirnos ¿cómo empezaste en este deporte?

Hola, primeramente deciros que es un honor, gracias. Yo empecé patinando con 7 años cuando quería empezar a hacer hockey. Mi madre me llevó los días equivocados y acudía al entrenamiento de patinaje en línea. Había apsado 45 min sin coger un stick y pregunté al entrenador, y fue él el que me dijo que estaba en la actividad de patinaje. Estaba alucinado pero como me lo había pasado bien pensé debía intentar practicarlo.

¿Cómo fue esta temporada? ¿tuviste buenos resultados? ¿En qué campeonatos participaste?

Esta temporada ha sido larga para mí, ya que competí más que el año anterior pero esto ha sido bueno para mi preaparación para el mundial. Competí en Nueva Zelanda en los nacionales y luego fui a Europa donde corí en Alemania, Francia e Italia.

¿Cuál es tu objetivo para estos mundiales en Rosario?¿ El último año alcanzaste importantes resultados en el mundial, nos podrías decir quiénes ves como favoritos este año? ¿Has visto algún patinador más fuerte que el resto en los diferentes torneos?

Mi objetivo es el mismo que los años anteriores, el intentar alcanzar el mejor puesto posible. Realmente amo ganar. Será difícil como siempre, cada carrera ha sido muy rápida y con muchos patinadores muy fuertes.

¿Has probado alguna vez el patinaje en huelo? ¿ Nos puedes contar un poco tu experiencia? ¿Te gustaría ser olímpico es este deporte¿

Sí, ya lo he probado. Este año fui a Inzell con mi novia y mi entrenador Maurizio Lollobrigida para probar el patinaje en hielo. Fue una experiencia totalmente nueva, y un deporte diferente, pero con la ayuda de mi familia y mis amigos todo es posible. Me gustaría ver el patinaje en línea en las Olimpiadas; este año acudí a los Juegos de la Juventud con el patinaje en línea como deporte de exhibición y fue un paso positivo.

En el patinaje en línea, ¿cuáles son tus carreras favoritas?

Me divierto en cualquier carrera, pero pienso qe la de 15 km eliminación sería mi favorita. Yo la gané los últimos tres años en el mundial y también el último año en los Juegos Mundiales. Y también conseguir batir el récord dos veces en esta prueba.

Sobre el entrenamiento, ¿cuál es tu entrenamiento favorito y cuál te gusta menos?

Este año he tenido un cambio en mi entrenamiento. He unido fuerzas con Mauricio Lollobrigida y hemos trabajado juntos en un amplio abanico de nuevos entrenamientos. Empecé corriendo, haciendo saltos, peso libre y nadando, lo cuál es nuevo para mí y mis entrenamientos. Yo había hecho anteriormente entrenos en patines y en bicicleta. No puedo decir no me guste ningún tipo de entrenamiento, y entrenar duro es lo que hago. Tal vez algún entrenamiento no me guste tanto, pero me divierto en cada sesión de manera diferente.

Nos puedes explicar cómo es para ti una temporada. ¿Cuántas sesiones entrenas al día? 

Como comentaba antes, mi preparación cambió bastante este año, pero me encuentro mejor y en buena forma cara a los mundiales. Respecto al número de sesiones que hago, pues puede variar entre 2 a 4 o 5 sesiones al día.

Nosotros estamos interesados en saber como son los programas de alto rendimiento en el patinaje en tu país. ¿Recibes becas que te permiten realizar este deporte? ¿Puedes compaginar estudios y entrenamientos?

Las becas en Nueva Zelanda están muy reducidas y eso es un ligero problema. Yo no tengo ayuda para acudir a los mundiales y tengo buscarme la vida. Yo siempre estoy buscando nuevos patrocinadores que me ayuden a esponsorizar mis aventuras en línea y en hielo.

Nos puedes decir algo más del patnanje en Nueva Zelanda.¿es un deporte popular allí?

Es un deporte minoritario, pero está mostrando un crecimiento importante en licencias, lo cuál es muy positivo. Hay más niños cada año y cuando voy a los nacionales veo nuevas caras y eso me hace siempre estar contento.

¿Qué piensas sobre el patinaje en España?

Recientemente vi los Cto de Europa y España mostró una fuerza importante y está llegando a ser una nación importante. Con patinadores fuertes y rápidos. He visto esto en todas las categorías, lo cual es aún mejor para el futuro del patinaje en España.

PREGUNTAS RÁPIDAS
Una ciudad… San Benedetto
Una bebida… Coca Cola
Una comida.. Pizza
Una película…. Hook
Un sueño… JJOO

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario